Thursday, October 20, 2011

QUITTING FACEBOOK

I logged onto Facebook for the last time on Tuesday, not quite knowing it would be the last time. I did it as always, by reflex, unaware how much I was ingesting this diet of fast food friendship. I scrolled through my news feed, ticking off boxes- ‘liking’ people’s posts – and then, as you sometimes do when you find yourself at a very big party and cannot seem to blend in, and nobody interesting wants to talk with you, I suddenly decide to duck out the back gate, and run down an alley, and into a field.

I don't know why I did it, but it felt exhilarating. I know those who want to see and talk with me will do so in calmer, safer places, without so many people overhearing. So I ran across the greenscape into a wide open blogosphere, and sat down on an open page.

And see, now you've stop by~ So here we both are, just us two. I’ll be happy to visit you over there, on your blog ~ or even in your real live garden~ or even in mine~

We can breathe and detoxify our minds.


There again, who will read this story, unless I publish it on Facebook?

1 comment:

  1. I need you on FB. And you have come back!
    Awful how addictive it is. Now I can read your blog!

    ReplyDelete